Yuzen Summer Box Unboxing !
Don’t be Yuzen mah make-up, qurl.
..Okay, so. Yuzen is a subscription box service that delivers various products quarterly. Each season, the staff at Yuzen bring a “little zen” to your doorstep with wonderful spa products, beauty items, and etc. to set you up for a day (or more) of relaxation. Not only that, a lot of their items are eco-friendly, organic and natural, vegan, cruelty free, or even gluten free!
The box comes with a letter and informational card in it. According to the letter, the founders of Yuzen had switched up their packaging a little bit which is fine by me because their packaging is always good.
The informational card talks about the products that come in the box but dang that sure is a lot of products!
What lovely paper. Yuzen aims to impress. 😀 I’m sure the packaging inside was nice and straight before the bumpy ride with the postal service. Lmao. So, on to the goods.
Everything is in a nice lovely purple sheer bag with cute pieces of styrofoam to keep the products snug.
Product count: 8 ! – Yasss!
1. Aromaflage – Botanical Fragrance & Insect Repellent
- I haven’t used an insect repellant in a long time so I thought it was perfect for the summer. I sprayed it once on my left wrist and boy it had a very strong scent, like a strong perfume spice, smell. It smelled good, unlike some insect repellants I’ve tried but one spray was more than enough for me. Take that, bugs!
2. Aromafloria – Muscle Soak Ocean Mineral Bath Salts
- Oh, boy. Bath salts. I’m pretty excited to try this out in my bathtub in the next week or two when I have time. Although it may help soothing sprains and aching joints, according to the info card it states, “eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemongrass essential oils (in this product) also relieve overly dry skin”. I’ll definitely look out for that to rejuvenate my dry skin from the summer heat.
3. Hugo Naturals – Vanilla and Sweet Orange Shower Gel
- I just finished one of my shower gels so I’m putting this lovely item in my bathroom tomorrow. The scent, “vanilla and sweet orange” is such an odd combination to me but when I smelled the bottle and rubbed some of it on my hand it had a very soft scent. You can smell the citrusy orange but the vanilla definitely softens it.
4. Jurlique – Purely Age-Defying Firming and Tightening Serum
- Oh lovely serums you call to me. This serum by Jurlique uses an Active-Firm complex and it was very easy to blend and had a very gentle scent that was hardly noticeable.
4. Lasting Smiles – Organic Peppermint Creme Lip Balm
- I really don’t need any more lip balms in my life, they pile up so fast. LOL. But this one literally smells like those peppermint patties. It was a little creamy on my lips and it had that tingly effect, like Blistex or menthol Baby Lips, which might be from the Mentha Piperita in the Ingredients list.
5. Shea Moisture – Zanzibar Marine Complex Replenish & Rejuvenate Hand Cream
- This is actually my favorite product out of the box and it surprised me that I’d pick a hand cream as one. It has almost a heavy mousse-type texture but it really wasn’t overly oily on my skin and absorbed pretty well. If I had a pen in my hand I’m certain it wouldn’t just slip off unlike if I applied a regular body lotion. So I definitely recommend this product.
6. SpaRitual Nail Lacquers – Dreamsicle creme
- Bright pink nail polish here I come! I haven’t worn this color since high school and as an Office Manager– I really can’t wear it. I tried it though and it surprised me because when it dried, it had a matte-like finish. Maybe I can wear it to my next company meeting…
7. Suntegrity – 5 in 1 Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen
- I actually need sunscreen. The sun has been shining like mad and I’m sure the UV rays have attempted to give me sunburn. I got the “Fair” color even though I’m an Olive tone but it was very easy to blend and doable. I’ll be using this product with my make up since it’s also a primer as well.
8. Torie & Howard – Meyer Lemon & Raspberry Organic Hard Candy
- Wow. It’s actually a delicious candy so you really can’t go wrong with this one really. Lol. I love the tin packaging and when all the candies are gone and eaten from friends– I can stash more goods in there.
Overall: [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ]
I recommend Yuzen box to anyone who’s looking for some time for themselves to unwind. The various scents from the products have a more natural spice aroma and I found it calming compared to my usual perfume palette. Eheh.
So what are you waiting for? Go get yourself a “little bit of zen” with Yuzen.