A lovely lovely lovely parcel arrived at my doorstep. Mhm-Mhhhhmmm..!
Birchbox, the subscription box company that sends beauty samples based upon your own beauty profile, provides a variety of quality brands such as Benefit Cosmetics, Smashbox, and more delivered to your doorstep!
As usual, onto the goods.
Can’t have too many goods.
The theme: Cupcakes and Cashmere.
The informational card that discusses the different cutie beauty goodies. Lmao.
I present to you: The lovely goodies.
The box contained 3 beauty products and 2 more in the mini orange container.
Total: 5 beauty goodies.
1. amika, Perk Up Dry Shampoo | Full-Size, $21
- This sample size is 0.75 net wt oz (21.3g); it’s been awhile since I used dry shampoo so when I tried it, I accidentally sprayed it in the other direction. But when it finally hit my head my hair was definitely less oily, had some volume, and also pretty easy to tame. This sample is perfect as a travel size and had positive reviews on Birchbox’s site for the regular size.
2. Benefit Cosmetics, The POREfessional | Full-size, $31
- One of Benefit Cosmetics popular items, The POREfessional lives up to its name. I’m pretty new to this brand and I remember when it came out with this item years back. But it’s easy to blend and apply and it did make my pores significantly smaller that I want to get the full size version of it!
3. Laura Geller Beauty, Color Drenched Lip Gloss | Full-Size, $19
- Sample Size: ( Net Wt. 0.1 fl oz/3ml ) Lipgloss is an okay product for me but I was surprised when I put it on this morning around 10am. The product had actually did what it’s description did, it lasted for hours. I even put a nude hued lipstick over it around 2pm then at 5:30pm the pink was still lightly there with the nude gone. It’s like a creamy lip stain compared to your typical sheer lipgloss! The only con: The scent, I have no idea what it is but unfortunately it’s really not my liking.
4. Marcelle, Clay Mask | Full-Size, $15
- This definitely was my first time trying out a Marcelle product, let alone a clay mask. When I applied the cream on my face, it was definitely soft and easy. But the aftermath, I was very pleased that my skin was so soft and smooth. It wasn’t harsh or irritating on my skin as well. This product is something I would definitely try on again. And maybe have a Clay Mask party too : )
5. Naobay, Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer | Full-Size, $36
- The scent of the cream had almost a citrusy aroma to it and wasn’t oily at all. I applied a little bit to my face and there was a little area on my left cheek that burned a bit but went away. My face itself felt pretty good and I even put a layer of powder foundation on it which the moisturizer didn’t affect my make up at all. I liked this product’s texture but mostly the scent!
Overall : [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ]
I was pretty pleased with the selection of products I received, even with the lipgloss. My favorite product out of the bunch would be Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics and Marcelle’s Clay Mask.
So what interesting beauty products did you receive in May’s Birchbox?