Julep is a monthly beauty nail subscription service that offers nail care, make-up, beauty tools, and more! They are currently offering customers to CUSTOMIZE their monthly boxes where you or your friends can pick out specific products so you know what you’re getting! Cost: 24.99/monthly (BUT join here to get a FREE welcome box with just 2.99 S+H; Pretty cool if you ask me!)
I had originally opted out of this month’s (October) box but decided to snag this one instead. One of the main reasons I wanted this box was for the glow-in-the-dark nail polishes! The spoiler item was the glow in the dark polish, Brenna that comes on blue but glows brightly once the lights are out.
The whole box includes 5 nail polishes, 1 lipgloss, and 1 eyeliner. Unfortunately, the box only includes 1 glow in the dark polish (Brenna) but does include 2 other polishes with special effects.
Night Lights Mystery Box
From Left to Right:
- A brown metallic polish that was introduced in 2014 and was part of the Bombshell collection and is a beautiful color to represent the Autumn season.
- Part of the Night Lights Mystery Box spoiler, this glow in the dark nail polish is very sheer and light like Nicola but the blue tint is more noticeable. It’s shimmery and reflects beautifully against light and is part of the Boho collection.
- Light beige neutral shade that you honestly can’t go wrong with at all. Part of the Bombshell side, this polish has a Stardust Finish to it. Although the color may be nice, you’re mainly with this polish for the texture. The Stardust finish literally gives a sand-like texture as it dries and you really need just one coat to get the desired finish.
- A very modern dark shimmered gray from It Girl, this polish has a special effect to it: Liquid Holographic. Very festive and goes with the theme.
- Absolutely love and adore the dark garnet color that adds such a bold statement to your nails. This color is part of the Classic with a Twist collection.
Luxe for Your Lips : Sangria
“Enriched with natural ingredients that soothe, hydrate, and plump lips, this silky-smooth treatment delivers major moisture with a hint of tint.” (Julep) Beautiful color that really hydrates the lips that you can check out here.
Fluid Eye Glider : Black
A simple black felt tip liner that adds precision when perfecting your cat eye that you can give a look here.
Personal Add-Ons (not included in the Night Lights Mystery Box:
- Glow in the Dark nail polish : Nicola / This polish is very sheer, very light, during application you can barely notice the orange hue at all. It’s pretty nude with a hint of shimmery sparkle–or what looks like a teensy bit of glitter but really, I got so giddy when I saw my nails light up in the dark! Definitely worth the add-on, which is saying a lot because I rarely take the option.
- Julep nail polish : Anya / This dark green is very festive, perfect for the season as well as the upcoming holidays. And probably is the only green polish I’ve ever owned.
3. The Plie Wand is one of Julep’s most popular items. It’s a very long brush that is bendable to obtain more accuracy when appliying Julep’s nailpolish. I didn’t realize it would be that long (about 8 inches) or that it can bend in to a 90 degree angle. It’s a pretty useful brush to have that came as a freebie.
The plie wand has a top that can connect to any Julep polish for easier and simpler control.
Overall: [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ]
The Night Lights Mystery Box is a decent box but I wish they threw in another glow in the dark polish. Overall, I liked the color choices, Luxe up your lips-Sangria, and I’m iffy about the stardust finisher, Corinne. Totally digging the add-ons especially the colors Nicola and Anya.
Julep also just released their November Collection Reveal that you can check out here!