Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that brings out make-up, skincare, hair products and more! You fill out your own personal beauty profile where products are picked and sent to your doorstep every month! Cost: $10/monthly
Such a wavy pink box this month!
This month’s theme: Positive Force
Pink on behalf of: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Birchbox didn’t include an informational or description card for the items this month 😦
- (MALIN+GOETZ) : grapefruit face cleanser | Full Size : $32.00 / 8 oz.
- “There are many reasons to dig this best-selling cleanser, but we’ll limit ourselves to three: it dissolves dirt, clears up breakouts, and balances skin’s natural pH. The daily wash is gentle enough for irritation-prone complexions, and rinses away completely. Oops, was that more than three reasons?” (Birchbox) Totally excited to try the cleanser out. This product also contains 0.1% grapefruit extract and, “Rinses residue free, eliminating the need for a toner. Perfect make-up removal (including eye makeup).” (malinandgoetz) No need for a toner? Wow. So would that make it a 2 in 1? Cleanser and toner combined? Hm.
2. (MALIN+GOETZ) : vitamin E face moisturizer | Full Size : $46.00 / 4 oz.
- Since it was a foil packet, this product didn’t last long at all. All I can say was that it was moisturizing to an extent and didn’t cause any breakouts. However, I can’t say much since I’ve only used it one time. “(MALIN+GOETZ) gives our skin an ample dose of the good stuff with this daily-use oil-free moisturizer. Its lightweight, antioxidant-rich formula has intensely hydrating properties and provides pH balance for all skin types, especially those with sensitive skin.” (Birchbox)
3. Dear, Clark – Thickening Balm | Full Size : $26.00 / 4 oz.
- This has such cute packaging to it and really does add a bit of volume to the hair. It’s a bit different to what I’m used to but the thickening balm is effective, less is more in my opinion! “Fine hair may be easy to style, but it often falls flat (quite literally). This thickening balm adds extra oomph to each and every strand, so fine hair feels fuller and thicker. It also adds shine and protects hair from heat, without adding weight, stiffness, or stickiness.” (Birchbox)
4. Supergoop!® – Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40 | Full Size : $34.00 / 10 oz
- Pretty familiar with Supergoop by now just new to their products. But this hand cream is super moisturizing with an SPF of 40. I might as well put sunscreen on my hands, really. I do love the ideal of the SPF –which Supergoop is mainly known for, and our hands are exposed to everything just as much as our face is so it’s good to take precautionary measures with a bit of SPF. “Sunspots are no longer an unavoidable fact of aging. In addition to essential broad spectrum UV protection, this hand cream contains sea buckthorn fruit to reduce inflammation and boost skin’s ability to produce collagen. Meadowfoam and argan oil nourish and hydrate skin.” (Birchbox)
5. Calypso St. Barth – Figue Eau de Parfum | Full Size : $75.00 / 60 ml
- Not too familiar with this brand at all but the perfume has a nice aroma to it. Not exactly my favorite scent though. “We can’t always jet off to the Mediterranean at a moment’s notice, but we can bring that warm, sensual sensation everywhere thanks to this perfume. Inspired by sun-kissed skin and fruit trees in the South of France, its notes of fig, violet petals, vanilla, and musk send our senses on vacation with every spritz.” (Birchbox)
6. Benefit Cosmetics – Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara | Full Size : $24.00 / 8.5g/0.3 oz.
- Oh, boy. This was one of the sample choices for this month and the winner was the Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara. Love, love love this. “Using this new super-curling mascara from Benefit Cosmetics is truly an eye-opening experience: It gives lashes major curl for a wide-eyed, wide-awake look. The mascara’s innovative Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush is coated in tiny, soft hooks, which catch onto and lift, curl, and separate each lash instantly. The brush is universal and works with any eye shape or size and varying lash types (it works especially well with short or straight lashes that won’t usually hold a curl). The mascara itself is inky black with a satiny finish, doesn’t smudge or flake, and contains provitamin B5 for lash-conditioning benefits. The result is a dramatic (but not overdone) look that lasts for up to 12 hours. Plus, it’s easy to remove!” (Birchbox)
HOW TO USE
Wiggle brush along lashes from root to tip. Add another coat for extra volume. (Do. Not. Forget. To WIGGLE.)
Overall: [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ]
Personally, I actually like a lot of the item’s in this month’s box. My favorites would have to be the cleanser, mascara, and thickening hair balm. Overall, totally satisfied and hoping Birchbox will step up their game for the November box!
To subscribe to Birchbox, check out the link here.